Similarly, in the online environment, there are other sites, custom pages including third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkdIn, or YouTube) and apps accessed or used through such sites that are operated by or on behalf of SC CITADEL EFORIE SRL and using cookies as described below.
Applicability of this Policy
This Policy applies to the www.citadeleforie.ro/en/ site
Also for identity, the information in this document also applies to other online platforms operated by or on behalf of SC CITADEL EFORIE SRL.
By using this site and other sites owned by SC CITADEL EFORIE SRL, you agree to the way we use our cookies in accordance with this Policy of Use.
Disabling the cookies we use could affect your experience as a user on this site and on other sites owned by SC CITADEL EFORIE SRL.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user accessing the Internet.
Cookies are installed by requesting a web server, a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari).
Cookies are completely “passive” (do not contain software, viruses or spyware, and can not access the information on the user’s hard drive).
A cookie consists of 2 parts: the name and the content or the cookie value. The duration of a cookie is determined; technically, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that web-server.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify Internet users.
There are 2 large categories of cookies:
1. session cookies: are temporarily stored in the web browser’s cookie folder so that the browser saves them until the user exits the web site or closes the browser window;
2. Persistent cookies: they are stored on the hard drive of a computer or device and are reactivated when you visit the site that created that particular cookie. Persistent cookies include those placed on a website other than the one that the user is currently visiting. These are known as “third party cookies” and cookies placed by third parties. They store the interests of a user to deliver the most relevant advertising for them.
What is the life of a cookie?
A cookie’s life may vary significantly depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are intended for a single use (such as session cookies), therefore they are not retained once the user leaves the site. Other cookies are maintained and reused every time the user returns to the site (persistent cookies). However, cookies can be deleted by the user at any time using the browser settings.
What are cookies placed by third parties?
Some content sections of sites may be provided through third-party cookies, as is the case with an ad. Such cookies can be placed on the site and are termed cookies placed by third parties because they are not placed by the site owner. Such third parties are also required to comply with the applicable legal regulations and privacy policies of the site owner.
Why are cookies important for the internet?
Cookies are the central focus of the Internet’s efficient operation, helping to generate a friendly browsing experience and tailored to the preferences and interests of each user. Denying or disabling cookies can make some sites impossible to use. Refusing or disabling cookies does not mean that you will not receive online advertising – but it will not be able to take account of your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require authentication of a user through an account):
1. Content and services adapted to user preferences – product and service categories;
2. Offers tailored to users’ interests – password retention;
3. Retaining child protection filters on Internet content (family mode options, safe search functions);
4. Limit ad serving frequency – limit the number of impressions of an ad for a particular user on a site;
5. Providing more relevant advertising for the user;
6. Measurement, optimization, and Analytics features – such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what type of content is viewed, and how a user reaches a website (example: through search engines, directly from other websites, etc.). Websites run these analyzes of their use to improve sites for the benefit of users.
What types of cookies do we use?
By accessing this site you can place the following types of cookies:
– site performance: they retain the user’s preferences on this site;
– visitor analysis: they tell us if you have visited this site before; the browser will tell us if you have this cookie, and if not, we will generate one;
– for geotargeting: these are used by software that determines which country they come from, they are completely anonymous and are used only for content targeting;
– registration: they let us know if you are registered or not, show us the account with which you are registered and if you have permission for a particular service;
– for advertising: Based on these, we can find out if you’ve seen or not an online ad, what kind of advertising, and how long it has been since you viewed this creative.
Do cookies contain personal data?
Cookies themselves do not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify Internet users. Personal data can be collected by using Cookies only to facilitate certain user functionalities.
How do you change the cookie settings in your browser?
Most browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the Browser’s “Options” or “Preferences” menu.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful, otherwise you can use the browser’s “help” option for more details.
For third-party cookie settings, you can also check the site:
To learn more about cookies and what they are used for, we recommend the following links:
If you would like to make any request regarding the above details, please contact us in writing at email@example.com or at the phone number +0040 744 66 5555